Family Support

Kinship Care Program (Grandparents Raising Grandchildren)

Region 6 Coordinator: Melvina Clark

Phone: 1.478.733.1133

The Kinship Care Program, a part of the Georgia Department of Human Services, serves as a place where grandparents raising grandchildren can get further referrals for their individual needs.

Referrals may include financial, health, and social services available for grandparents raising grandchildren provided by the Department of Human Services Divisions and Offices.


Mothers Against Crime

President: Georgia Smith

Phone: 1.706.485.5332

MAC was organized in 1992 by twelve mothers to

assist in improving our community values, children’s education possibilities, and to increase the safety

factor by putting an end to all of the senseless crimes.

Each year, MAC gives scholarships to a few financially deserving students, hosts an annual Christmas party

for children and youth, hosts a back to school event, and sponsors and supports many other programs throughout the year to assist at risk and needy



Putnam County Family Connection

Eatonton First United Methodist Church

302 North Madison Avenue

Eatonton, GA 31024

Mailing: P.O. Box 3191 Eatonton, GA 31024

Coordinator: Jarvis Glenn

Phone: 1.706.816.6305

Putnam County Family Connection is a collaborative organization, consisting of many different members from the community.  PCFC exists to improve the lives of children, youth, and families in Putnam County.  PCFC accomplishes this goal by promoting local and state resources available to residents of the county.


Putnam County Local Interagency Planning Team

Chair: Catreshia Brundage

Phone: (478) 414-2023

The Putnam County LIPT exists to improve and facilitate the coordination of services to children with severe emotional disorders, addictive disease or severe unruly/delinquent tendencies.  The team is made up of service providers from around the county and region.  Together, the team works with the parents and youth to determine what services are ideal for the youth.  Typically, for a youth to be staffed by LIPT, a referral must be made.  Referrals are typically made through the student’s school, the Division of Family and Child Services, the Department of Juvenile Justice, or by contacting the chairperson.